This week's one word prompt:
: an arc or circle that exhibits in concentric bands the colors of the spectrum and that is formed opposite the sun by the refraction and reflection of the sun's rays in raindrops, spray, or mist
a : a multicolored array
b : a wide assortment or range <a rainbow of flavors>
If I Could
I’d have gathered all the colors and
Painted you a rainbow if I could.
I’d have plumped up my piggy bank
And saved for your future livelihood.
I’d have unchained you of your obligations
And those thoughts that “you should.”
I’d have righted you from wrong,
So you’d never have been misunderstood.
I’d have swept away your troubles
And buried them for good.
I’d have handed you the key to success
Or increased its likelihood.
I’d have readily done all these things,
But from afar reluctantly I stood,
And watched you gather your own colors--From a perspective called Parenthood.
To read more responses to this prompt or to link up your own, please click here.
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If your post doesn't meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.