Friday, June 15, 2012

Roses Are Red


Roses are red,
Hydrangeas are blue,




My hydrangeas have all died;
Thank goodness I still have you.





You begin with a bud wound tight,
Which quickly loosens to my delight.





As the sunlight each bud awakes,
See what a difference a single day makes!





Seeking sunlight, buds race to the top,
Above the leaves, they also crave raindrops.





Once they are more red than green,
Rose bushes' beauty in fragrance arrive unseen.





Six lovely bushes around the curve,
Line the driveway with plenty of verve.





Look!  A winged, stripy friend visits,
As it lands the buzziness quiets.





Alas, the first bloom has come to an end,
Your beauty the next bloom will surely transcend.





Thank you for taking a look at my roses,
That partake in nature with their many poses.





10 comments:

  1. Sandra! This is great!
    (Came over from Twitter!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Libby! Appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  2. What lovely healthy bushes you have. Wish I can say that of mine, or most of mine. :-)

    ~Imelda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly, my bushes is perfectly sized from big to small from right to left. I'm guess the right bush is closest to a gutter drain and the smallest one gets more sun and less water? You can't even see the last one in the picture above...

      Delete
  3. lovely flowers! thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina! You inspire me to get my flower pictures together for a linkup!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful pictures! I love your hydrangea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My hydrangea is slowly but surely growing back, new leaf by new leaf...

      Delete