Saturday, June 23, 2012

Silly Turkey

www.trifectawritingchalleng.com









Weekend Trifextra:

This weekend we're revisiting an early Trifextra prompt: retelling.  This time, we're asking you to retell your favorite book.  In 33 words.  Nothing like a challenge.  We are sure you're up to it. 



The rules of the challenge did not exclude any genre of books, so here is my entry: 


Unlike his friends, Turkey puts hat under feet, shirt on hips, pants on head, coat on backwards, socks on hands, shoe on head, and dives into pool fully-dressed.  He is One-of-a-Kind and Colorfully-Celebrated. 


(Note: I've read aloud this book repeatedly for almost a decade.  Each reading renders belly laughs and silly 'oops'.  It's not a wonder why it's one of my favorite books -- in the children's book genre.  My copy is worn, taped, and well-loved.)


Click here to see the book, author, and other information on amazon.com.



10 comments:

  1. *hahahahahaha* This is fantastic! It's a favorite around our house, too! :) I love "He is One-of-a-Kind and Colorfully-Celebrated." Brilliant, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! We love our Boynton books! =)

      Delete
  2. I saw a Cat in the Hat entry earlier, so I think your fav is fair game :) I think the silly turkey sounds fun! I haven't read this one, but my kids enjoyed If You Give a Pig a Pancake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have all the Laura Numeroff *If You Give a...* series! Thanks, Janna. =)

      Delete
  3. I think this is a book that my children will love. They love silly fun stuff. Have you tried "Put me in the Zoo"? I read it to the children until I was sick of it. :-)

    I will put this in a to-get list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have *Put Me in the Zoo*! That book takes like a million breaths to read. This one is a board book, so probably most fitting for your youngest. And as are all Sandra Boynton board books, this one is simple, loveable, and educational, to say the least!

      Delete
  4. you gave me a good laugh! it is quite the silly tale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite silly, and my kiddos still love it! Thanks for stopping by, Renada!

      Delete
  5. These are the books that we'll be able to recite from memory long after our kids are beyond them. Thanks for linking up. Be sure to come back tomorrow for the special 33rd challenge. It's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trifecta. I'm excited to see what you have in store for us!

      Delete