Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cyber Friends

www.trifectawritingchallenge.com








The prompt this week is the third definition of:

HEART (noun)

1: a hollow muscular organ of vertebrate animals that by its rhythmic contraction acts as a force pump maintaining the circulation of the blood
2: a playing card marked with a stylized figure of a red heart
3: personality, disposition <a cold heart>

Please remember:

  • Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
  • You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
  • The word itself needs to be included in your response.
  • You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above. 
  • Only one entry per writer.


Here is my entry in 33 words:



Cyber Friends


QWERTY and Wi-Fi

Weave a magic carpet 

Upon which I ride

To visit you--

Whose words of joy 

Soar me higher,

And whose invisible tears

Render me

Startled, by my own

Heavy heart.




18 comments:

  1. Nice. It's a strange kind of friendship, but potentially so meaningful all the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've had a few very meaningful ones myself! Thanks, Annabelle.

      Delete
  2. I love this! "QWERTY and Wi-Fi / Weave a magic carpet / Upon which I ride / To visit you" - a fantastic image. I love the way this sounds when read aloud (QWERTY/carpet, for example). And the sentiment is so relatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christine! It's amazing how we feel about people we've never even met in real life, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Cyber Friends...such sweet sentiment. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some Cyber Friends are better friends, in my opinion, than ones in real life! Thanks, Tessa!

      Delete
  4. I love this! Such a great job, Sandra. It flows well and the words are well chosen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mel. It was hard part was fitting all these words into 33 words, but I'm glad it worked.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruby! I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. What a great piece Sandra! Such tangible imagery for such an intangible relationship...<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intangible--great word to describe this friendship! But we both know how strong this intangible relationship can be :) Thank you, Kim.

      Delete
  7. Yes! I completely identify with this piece. So much can be shared through an internet connection. Thanks for joining us again this week. Please come on back tomorrow for the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trifecta! Internet connection is essential in more ways than I can count!

      Delete
  8. I agree with trudgingthroughfog, your imagery is awesome and this poem DOES beg to be read aloud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read this poem out-loud several times now, after both of your comments. :) Thank you so much, RLW!

      Delete
  9. This was an awesome poem. I've discovered so many cyber friends that have touched my heart. Several are in my prayers right now as they go through difficulties in life. It's not the same as real life friendships, but they are still relationships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janna! There's something to be said about the invisibility of these friends, too. They're always there, even when you can't see them! :)

      Delete