Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sky


North, South, East, West--
Same sky, differently expressed.
Clouds clearing, sun setting,
Colors bursting, rainbow jetting.





-----

We walked out of the restaurant and into its parking lot.  It had stopped raining.

I looked up and was struck by the beauty of rolling storm clouds trying to clear way.  It was breathtaking.  I stumbled for my cameraphone.  Snap.

I turned to face the car door and saw another part of the sky, glowing pink behind a thick mass of storm clouds.  Wow.  Snap.

Almost 90 degrees to the left, the twilight colors shone through in a part of the sky with very little clouds, behind a mass of trees instead.  Incredible colors.  Snap.

I marveled about having gotten so many pictures of the beautiful sky and its variety of clouds as we all got into the car and DH started to drive away.

Out of nowhere, I shrieked at the top of my lungs in the small, confined space of our car that made everyone else jump.  So sorry.  I spotted a rainbow in the sky in the one direction I did not take a picture!  Quick, roll down the window.  Snap.  Snap.  Snap. 



Linking with BocaFrau's Picture Perfect Sundays
 




6 comments:

  1. Sounds like something I would do. Shriek and all!!! :) I love sky pictures, especially sunsets and rainbows!!! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this is the first rainbow I've ever captured on camera! Thanks for hosting and allowing us to share our pictures, Susi!

      Delete
  2. These pictures are stunning!! You know I am an absolutely addicted sucker for sky pics...seriously, though, great shots!
    What makes this post though is the words that go along with it, great storytelling...
    I was right.there.with.you.

    Scream and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, you ARE the King of Sky Pictures!! You take the most stunning sky/cloud pictures I've ever seen. And that spider pic? That one has kept me up at night because it's so awesome. Really.

      I don't know why the sky has all of a sudden become so beautiful to me. I think I'm finally looking up more these days, and not worrying about baby-toddler-preschool things, much, anymore. Man, have I been missing out!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I've scared the crap out of my husband before too when I saw a rainbow! lol Asked him nicely to pull over so I could get a picture after his heart stopped racing. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassie! Same with my DH. The poor guy had to catch his breath since my scream was practically right next to him. It was too beautiful a rainbow to not stop and photograph!!

      Delete