Thursday, November 1, 2012

All or Nothing



Several of my Instagram friends participate in the #fmsphotoaday photo prompts, and I thought I would rejoin the fun of it along with them.  After skipping a few months, I came back to do October's prompts.  Here are my photos for the month:




I know.  The pictures are too small to see anything.  These are more a collection for my memory than anything else.  And this post really isn't about a daily photo prompt challenge; it's really about my next daily endeavor.  

On this first day of November, I see the hashtag #NaBloPoMo on several different social media sites.  After a few clicks, I see that it is a BlogHer challenge to write a blog post everyday in the month of November.  (Not to be confused with #NaNoWriMo, which is writing an entire fictional novel in the month of November, all 50,000 words of it--something I can neither commit to or have the ability to do now). 

I thought about #NaBloPoMo all day.

I just finished #fmsphotoaday for the month of October, and was relieved that it was over, because my poor old phone is on its last breath.  If I take more than 2 photos, it freezes and restarts.  It's like trying to freeze boiling water.  I seriously don't have time to factory reset it for a third time!  

Back to #NaBloPoMo.  I am an all-or-nothing kind of person.  If I want to do a challenge, I will do the whole thing even if it kills me.  Seeing that this particular blog has been inactive for an entire month, I thought: what better way to wake it up than with another month-long challenge?

The NaBloPoMo posts this month will not be anything like my Letters of Muse posts--in length and content.  I'm putting something different on the table.  It will certainly be a challenge for me, and I'm sure I'll lose sleep over it, but I'm sure gonna give it a good shot.  

So I begin November's first post with a hope that I'll see this through.  So, here we go...

Join me?  (Click on the badge to find out how).  Follow me?  Read me?  Commiserate with me?

NaBloPoMo November 2012

All or Nothing with me?



8 comments:

  1. YAY!! You did it! We can do this! I have faith!

    p.s. How did you get your instagram pics to be so cute and small up there? I don't know how to do that collage stuff unless it's an app in my phone! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! We're gonna do this together, Cassie!

      I use printsgram.com to make this collage. Check it out! After I make the collage, I just save image to my computer and use it here. Cool to print out, but tiny here.

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a big,and great, undertaking! I would love to do this,but it would require me posting things I am not sure people care about. It will require me to be imperfect, or share things I feel not worthy. It would require me to do something I would probably fail at,because when Life moves in, what then? I will be so hard on myself for not posting. For messing up. For being Incomplete.
    I am so envious because the Writer me,the Blogger me, the Go Get Em me wants to go outside the box so so very very much.
    But then,what?
    Looking forward to the daily peeks,friend!
    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I mulled over this all day. I wavered back and forth. I thought about my Letters blog suffering. I thought about losing what precious sleep I have these days over it. But then I thought: there are no rules. They can be short posts. They can be anything! I may not be able to do it. I may. I don't know what will happen, but I'd like to try. I totally understand all your worries, because they all went through my mind, too. But I am working on that imperfection thing, on that anxiety thing. So I am. I totally appreciate your reading any of it, and I promise I won't inundate you with too many words :) Pinky promise. Thanks, Kim!

      Delete
  3. I think I'm going to join this month but I missed last night so I will be one post short. I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so excited you'll do it, Rachel! (Isn't there a way one can set the date of publish on Blogger? Or you can go until 12/1/12?) I really look forward to reading your posts, too. Go, us!

      Delete
  4. Yay you! Good luck!!! I was going to attempt it but am already so behind... oh well. I'll live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support, Susi! I thought long and hard before committing to this, but I'm here, and some days I worry about how on earth it'll happen. We'll see how it goes. I appreciate your reading them!

      Delete