Sunday, November 18, 2012

BFF

Hoarse from too much talking,
Elevated with a restless high.
A few hours with my BFF
And our family peeps nearby.

A thousand facial expressions,
Words exchanged in turn.
Like rushing to make a deadline,
We chat until we adjourn.

The husbands may not understand
What all we can talk about.
But little do they know,
The words of a friend devout.

The things that make us break,
The moments that make us proud.  
About the kids, about our lives,
We pour our hearts out-loud.

These few precious hours
I replay when night's quiet.
I'm deeply grateful and blessed
For my dear kindred spirit.  


Most thoughtful gifts from BFF







6 comments:

  1. :") that's exactly how friendship should be. I'm sure your BFF appreciates you just the same!
    p.s. those are some really awesome gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they, Cassie? I melt into pieces, and I think fellow bloggers really get how special these are. You should have seen how we were talking 55 mph non-stop. I really was hoarse afterwards. Thanks, Cassie!

      Delete
  2. I never get to see my BFF enough. This was beautiful, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! Whatever precious little time we have to chat is *never* enough. Thank you so much, Gina, for reading and leaving such a kind comment. :)

      Delete
  3. That is so perfect. I love my bff and wish she would live closer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My BFF and live about an hour apart, but even then, as busy mothers to young children, there's just so little time. We're lucky our kids all play really well together, so anytime we have together is a treat for them, too. What would we do without our BFFs?!! Thanks, Susi!

    ReplyDelete