Monday, November 12, 2012

Cleaning Woes




















Stubbed toes and bruised feet--
The price I pay to be neat.
Leaky gloves, one side each,
Make my hands smell like bleach.
Toilet scrubber gone a-wry
Flings the liquid in my eye.
Vacuum canister misses the can,
It's now dirtier than when I began.
Mildew buildup and soap scum,
Both are beyond just irksome.
Dust that multiplies in the air,
Endless piles of bathroom hair.
Today's incident is the worse,
Clearly a part of my cleaning curse.
Missing the glass door in a daze,
Scrubbing Bubbles mists my face.
Such is the life of this here Mama,
Her cleaning filled with so much drama.
It never stops; it never ends.
Next time how will it offend?

-----
Do I seem a little desperate?  It's getting so hard, this #NaBloPoMo!  The bulk of my day today was spent cleaning, so this was on my mind.  Pardon my silliness; I just needed to post something before midnight.  <sheepish smile>.




4 comments:

  1. Silly or not. I hear you... Cleaning can get very irksome especially when it will be messy within 5 minutes of being done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like making the bed or folding laundry. Why do it when it'll be undone again and again, and again? But we do. Thanks, Susi. I can't wait to see your new blog name! :)

      Delete
  2. Hehehe... This is a great take on you little incident ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie, I am seriously using any inspiration these days. ANYTHING. Thanks for "being there" for me!

      Delete