Monday, November 19, 2012

Germ Fest

Ketchup With UsKetchup With Us -- Writing Prompts from Mel (@According to Mags) and Michele (@Old Dog New Tits) on the 1st and 15th of each month (links open for 7 days)!  (Click here to link yours!)




  

'KETCHUP WITH US' PROMPT#6

In 57 words or less, tell us about something you're NOT thankful for.


Germ Fest

Fall is in full swing,
There's no time to spare.
Didja get your flu shot?
Cuz germs are in the air!

Hacking coughs,
Green booger-pillars;
Projectile sneezes,
Mucus-y thrillers.

Little hands and fingers,
Shower me with affection.
I don't want the germs--
So I must take some action!

Hand sanitizer and soap:
You are my cold-weather dope.   


      














-----
Didja get your flu shot yet?  I am so NOT thankful for the germy season of the year.  It's no thrill to be in a school setting in the cold winter months.  I love kids, but not so much the germs they host and spread.  My own kiddos are coming home with strep alert notices already.  And no flu shot is going to help with those.  Sigh.  Cross my fingers and knock on wood?




 

10 comments:

  1. "Projectile sneezes"...those are the worst. Wipe your boogers on me all you want, but don't sneeze in my face. :)

    Thanks for linking up. Stay healthy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with ODNT--no boogers and sprays for me! Pretty soon ppl will think Purell is my perfume... Thanks for hosting the linkup!

      Delete
  2. Um ... I could do without the wiping AND the spraying. The folks at Purell are geniuses. Well done, lady. Stay healthy!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will try to stay healthy--I proclaim as I feel that itch in my throat... Thanks, ODNT!

      Delete
  3. What a wrap up for the season change. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can take the brutal winters here better if someone can promise I'd be germ-free all season long! Thanks for reading, Ruby!

      Delete
  4. Perfectly said. My pops refers to the kids as "little germ-bags." With love of coarse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've witnessed how kids "share" their germs at school. It gives me the heebie jeebies! I think your pops is right on target! Thanks for stopping by, Kbar3. :)

      Delete
  5. So funny. I actually have the cold you speak of right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Deana, you and I both! Been coughing all Thanksgiving weekend long. Germs are the worst! Hope you get well soon!

      Delete