Friday, November 30, 2012

#NaBloPoMo2012 End



I walked a path named #NaBloPoMo.
It was daunting--green, long, and narrow.
There was a beginning and an end,
And walk the entire way I did intend.
I had to strut a steady pace;
No stopping to admire nature's grace.
Some days I faced beautiful unknowns;
Other days I saw none but sticks and bones.
The path became easier to tread
As I closed in on the end ahead.
Behind me is the track of Experience
Marked by effort, time, and perseverance.
 And now I cross the finish line,
Ready to leave November behind.  
But I know the end is not about winning--
Rather, a new phase, another beginning.
A long road well labored and traveled,
Makes a string of work nicely unraveled.





-----
I did it!  I did it!  Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah.  No mo' writing here tonight.  No!  No mo' writing here tonight, I'm such a riot!

That's crazy me channeling Dory, if you can't tell.

I have a whole lot to say about #NaBloPoMo, and I'll be posting that on Letters of Muse at a later day (hint: NOT tomorrow).  

I tried--really tried--to make every post meaningful and relevant.  There are a few I'm not proud of, but for the most part, I did my best given the constraints of this challenge.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, if you followed along and cheered me on.  You made me feel a LOT less lonely knowing I'm not doing this alone as a crazy, secluded writer with no life.  

The LAST POST of #NaBloPoMo2012, signing off.






8 comments:

  1. Aww, what a cute poem and perfectly fitting! Congratulations my friend! We did it, as I knew we could! Hard as hell, but we did it! Now take a deep breath and smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Cassie! Thank you for doing this with me. At times I felt so strained that I felt like I was pulling you down the water with me. I'm glad we didn't drown! I am--I have been smiling for a few days, both because I finished and because I don't have to write anymore, haha!

      Now I need to refocus and get back into writing mode somehow. I guess I am thankful NaBloPoMo is NOT in December, since that would be EVEN HARDER, no?

      Kudos to you for finishing, too! I hope you got as much out of this as I did! xoxo

      Delete
  2. You faced the challenge. You wrote. You conquered. Go You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Cindy, and even more so for following along. I really, really appreciate it. I know I was writing for my own challenge, but it's so nice to know the posts were being read by eyes other than mine. :) There were a few close calls where I published just minutes under midnight! Whew!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Imelda! I'm proud to have finished the challenged, but I'm also tired and worn out. I hope to be back soon. :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!! I loved reading all your extra posts this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, really appreciated your reading and comments, Rachel! (I would have added about ten more exclamation marks back there if it weren't grammatically frowned upon.) :)

      I may be on another short hiatus, but I'll be back for sure. I got a hang of coming up with my own prompts via photos, so that's one good thing I learned from this experience.

      Thank you so very much!

      Delete