Monday, November 5, 2012

Shadow People

Shadow People live in a world confined to the grounds and walls.   They all go about their days carrying on their routines.  Shadow Children go to school.  Shadow Grownups go to work.  They play, they eat, and they sleep. 

There always comes a day--such as this nice, sunny day when Shadow Family goes for a walk--when a Shadow Child sees his light and asks, "what is that and why does it follow me when the sun comes out?"

"Oh, that upright thing?" replies Shadow Big Sister as she points up, "We call that your light."

"Why does my light always copy what I do?" asks Shadow Little Brother.

"Well," explains Shadow Dad, "it's called your light because its job is to keep the sun's light facing the sun, so it moves just like you and follows you around in order to do that."

"They're kind of boring," observes Shadow Big Sister, "because they stay the same height, same width, and they're always upright."

"Yeah," chimes in Shadow Little Brother, "we get to be taller and shorter and slanted and bent.  We're not boring at all!"

Shadow Mommy--always ready with her camera--exclaims, "Look at our nice lights!  Let me get a quick picture of them.  One, two, three, freeze!"

"Aw, c'mon, Shadow Daddy!  Is that the only pose you have?" teases Shadow Big Sister.

"Peace, yo," says Shadow Daddy, "My light can only try to be half as cool as the Real Shadow Daddy himself!"







8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassie. I was feeling quite silly when I wrote this. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice flip on the usual way of seeing things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some logistical issues, but I may have just fooled you enough for this to seem remotely believable. Thanks for reading, Cindy! :)

      Delete
  3. Very cool Sandra!! You sure write well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my friend, even though it's just a silly little story. I do like the photo, though! !

      Delete
  4. Love it and your shadow people. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee! I love my shadow peeps, too! Thanks, Susi!

      Delete