Saturday, November 3, 2012

Word

www.trifectawritingchallenge.com








For this weekend's challenge, in honor of all of the writers throwing rationality (and perhaps sanity) to the wind and writing til their fingers bleed, we're asking for exactly 33 words about why we write.


Here is my entry:

I like words.  I like to chew on words and dwell on their lingering aftertastes.  But because the verbal forms of "word diarrhea" and "word constipation" are comparably less desirable, I write instead.  


-----
I am participating in #NaBloPoMo, no to be confused with #NaNoWriMo.  Goodness knows I didn't have a clue to the difference between the two before November 1.  





13 comments:

  1. hehehe...Word diarrhea... I think when it comes to words, I have more constipation than anything. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. chew on words and linger on their aftertaste - love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one. Good luck with NaBloPoMo. Looking forward to all your words...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandra, you are HILARIOUS! I didn't know diarrhea and constipation could be so funny :) It makes me think of writing to be 'regular'. I for one am glad you choose to write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was some imagery, an aftertaste is usually not what is lingering there ;)
    We have all had irregularity with creative endeavors - NaNoWriMo in particular, puts us through both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Brilliant and good luck with your 30 Blog Posts. That was how I got into NaNoWriMo. Totally a gateway November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hahaha* Love it, especially "chew on words and dwell on their lingering aftertastes." That is it, exactly, for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all, Trifectans, for your kind comments. I apologize if the imagery was a bit TMI, but they happen to be common terms in my vocabulary. I am often guilty of talking too much or just not able to get the right words out. Have a great week, y'all!

    ReplyDelete