Thursday, February 14, 2013

This Day


Love: 
 Because this is the first time she begged asked
To make non-store-bought Valentines, 
We made 42 of these not-so-original ones last minute,
While I produced neither complaints nor whines.



 Love: 
The work to bring ONE heart-shaped cookie 
To the class party for his peanut allergy's sake--
(Surely I deserve to eat the rest for that?)--
Is well worth the trouble, make no mistake!



Love:
Trying my darnedest to write a Letters post
To my better half on This Day.
But my deadline is hastened by his plan
To dine us all out at a romantic family soiree!


*****
Happy Valentine's Day!




2 comments:

  1. The first two are definitely evidence of love! And your anniversary Letter you posted could double as a V-day letter with a bit of tweaking if your time runs out too quickly!

    Enjoy your family's romantic outing tonight--it's wonderful to include the kids once in awhile for things like that!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachael!! It was a lovely dinner. It may have been the very first time we went out for Vday dinner together, all four of us. I just remarked to DH how Vday is so different now than before--two extra peeps, family-friendly restaurant, early return for bedtime. Ha! I managed to get in a Letters post just before midnight, so that'll have to do. I hope you had a happy Valentine's Day, too! Thank you so much stopping by!

      Delete