Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Winter Wonderland

Cee's Fun Foto Challenge: Black and White or Sepia Tones

We didn't get our first significant amount of snow until February this year, which is quite unusual for us.  I remember the Blizzard of 2011 had our backyard grill entirely covered. 

This particular snowfall was gorgeous.  It was soppy, wet, and just glorious.  I couldn't help but stop to snap a few pictures while driving through my neighborhood to capture the winter wonderland feel. 


 This is a black and white version of the original, which was tinted blue from my car window.  The BW gives it a crisper look and better feel to the icy coldness.



This is a monochrome photo all on its own.  I really wanted to savor the views of snow on each and every branch of these trees.  The two stone benches with unadulterated snow atop them shout the frigidity and stillness of winter and all its beauty.



*****
This is my first time linking up with Cee's Fun Foto Challenge.  I have been enjoying my friend Imelda's beautiful pictures on her blog, My Wall, as she participates with Cee's challenges (check out her Black and White post).  I had these pictures from a few weeks ago, and thought I'd give them a go!  This is late a bit late as the new challenge is already out (every Tuesday), but I'll post anyway.  I'm a newbie at this!  (Click here for Cee's original Black and White challenge post.)






6 comments:

  1. Beautiful black and white photography!!! Thanks so much for particpating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Cee. I look forward to submitting more photos! :)

      Delete
  2. Sandra! These are beautifully done. Lovely compositions. :-) I am glad you are joining the challenges. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Imelda! I am so glad to join you, as I have been admiring your photos long enough!! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately, it's all gone by now!

      Delete