Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Epic Fail!

I'm linking up with Michele (@Old Dog New Tits) and Mel (@According to Mags), hosts of #KetchupWithUs for this week's prompt:


In 57 words or less, tell us about the best prank you ever played, saw executed, or were the butt of yourself.


As the kiddos went off to school on Monday (April Fool's Day), I began to prepare for retaliation thinking they would come home with their shenanigans.  Surprisingly, they came home with nothing, but I still carried on with my plans.  However, as you can see, I may have been the butt of my own pranks, as they were both Epic Fails!



Epic Fails


Eight-legged creature
Hiding to scare her
Inside her popcorn bowl.
No screams of shock or vile,
Instead she breaks into a smile.
Mama thinks she’s quite remarkable.

Same spider, same usage,
Taped under his fruit snack package.
But Mama’s intent didn't prevail:
The plastic detached,
As the bag was snatched.
You got it—Epic April Fool’s Fail!



*****
Won't you have a go, too?  Please visit Michele or Mel to link up! 






9 comments:

  1. It's the thought that counts. That was a cute idea. :) so glad to see you linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel! I tried... I'll have to do better next year. :)

      Delete
  2. I am no good at pranks-I probably would've forgotten there was a spider in the popcorn and startled myself! At least you tried though-half the fun in April Fool's is the planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no good at pranks, either, Rachael. DS was in on the popcorn spider bit, and he kept giggling and whispering to me. DD was too engrossed in watching TV to see it though. AND she took *forever* and a day to eat that popcorn! I almost didn't make it...

      Delete
  3. Very creative. I didn't even think to prank anyone... not our thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susi! Do you kids not come home with the silliest pranks on April Fool's? DD had several last year, and she was upset that I didn't fall for any of them. :) I just thought I'd stay ahead of them this year, ha!

      Delete
  4. I love seeing what my kids try to come up with each year. Sometimes they actually get me. Thanks for playing Ketchup, Sandra. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michelle, I think I need to brace myself now that my kids are getting bigger, and uh, more playful?! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, Michele. I know my Michelles from Micheles. Really.

      Delete