Thursday, April 18, 2013

Upside Down

(Please click on photo for larger image)
"Am I right side up or upside down, is this real, or am I dreaming?"


























This is a cyclamen flower photographed from beneath, side, above, and as a part of a whole plant.  Cyclamens are common indoor and outdoor plants, but special to me since their flowers are upside down!  Each flower is on a stem bent at the tip where the nose of the flower faces downwards.  Flowers have 5 petals, bent outwards or up, and connected at the base to form into a cup with five sepals inside the cup.  


Of course, this song was going through my head as I put together this collage:


Click here to see the embedded video, Crush, by Dave Matthews Band (as it does not show up on your email feed).




Have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. One of your shots make the flower look like a butterfly in flight. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Imagine my surprise when I realized the flowers were really upside down... Different, but still very pretty, these flowers!

      Delete