Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rise



www.trifectawritingchallenge.com

This weekend we're asking for 30 of your own words plus the three following words for a total of 33 words: Tether Loft Crown



Rise


the loft
of the duvet
eases the sliding

across

from warm
to cool sheet

reaching 

for the crown
of my adoration
and unmistakable
tether to Life

waking
touching
embracing

you

on Sunday morning





-----
To read other 33-word pieces to this prompt, or to link up your own entry, click here.  This week's challenge is community judged.
  • For the 14 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links. 
  • In order to vote, return to this post where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
  • You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
  • Voting is open to everyone. 
  • You have 14 hours to vote. It's not much time, so be diligent! We'll send out reminders on Twitter and Facebook.
  • The winners will be announced in the comments of Friday's post and will be posted in our typical fashion in the post on the following Monday.



30 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love this and a beautiful way to begin a Sunday, if I may say so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, otherthanlovie! :)

      Delete
  3. They must be childless. ;)

    Seriously, this is beautiful and so romantic. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivy, *We* definitely have children, and *this* is NOT my reality. But I can always dream... right? Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. The love in this is so strong. Lovely! (In our bed, there's always a grouchy cat in the way...Cybil bites if you disturb her :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Janna, my kids always crash our bed on weekends, so perhaps this was a fanciful dream I had... LOL! Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  5. Awww, this is utterly sweet! Woohoo! Yo are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Imelda! I'm with you--just always fighting for time. But I'll try to be here as much as I can!

      Delete
  6. This is gorgeous – richly written and full of romance. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne! I appreciate your reading and leaving such nice words for me!

      Delete
  7. Oh this is perfect... very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted to hear that, Bjorn--thank you!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous! Every word is beautiful, but what I really love is the the way you brought it down to earth with the last line. For me, that's what made the emotion real. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Christine! Thank you so much! I'm so glad you have special feelings for the last line, because that's how I started out with this piece, and worked it backwards! :)

      Delete
  9. This is basically the perfect description of that gooey in-love feeling. I love it.
    Thank you for linking up. Voting is now active so be sure to come back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photo and the poem...such comfort and peace in the images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine! Much appreciate your kind words! :)

      Delete
  11. Suddenly I feel like a luxurious stretch (too bad it's Monday morning - a coffee break will have to do).
    Such a sweet and lazy feel to this, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kymm! I toast to your coffee with mine! :) Have a great Monday, if that's possible...

      Delete